For many reasons, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and start blogging about Coherence, Spring/Spring.NET and other topics near and dear to my heart.
The good news is that there is plenty to blog about: Coherence 3.5 is about to be released, I am working on a Coherence book which is pretty close to being done, and I have created a number of useful Coherence-related tools that I want to write about and share with the Coherence community at large.
The bad news is that there is only so much time, and with everything that's on my plate at the moment it will be extremely hard to find the time to blog about everything I want to blog about, but I will do my best.
The first real post related to the Portable Objects talk I gave few weeks ago at the Coherence SIG in London is coming shortly, and I'm hoping to have another one on sequential identity generation with and for Coherence up tomorrow at the latest.
After that, I have a number of topics that I want to write about:
- Portable Object Format (POF) in general
- New POF reflection features added in Coherence 3.5, as well as PofExtractor and PofUpdater that are built on top of it
- Spring and Spring.NET interop using POF
- Object-level access control with Coherence
- Password-based encryption support for .NET Coherence*Extend clients
- Data validation using Coherence Map Triggers
Well, that should be enough for the introduction. Welcome to my blog :)